Mold can grow anywhere - especially in Texas. A leaky window pane was found to be the culprit causing the mold damage to the wood paneling. A mold inspector assessed the damage and the certified professionals at SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway were brought in to perform the mold remediation.
Mold Found in Ceiling from Leaky Roof
When slow leaks occur, they are often difficult to detect, especially if they are located in the roof. It's not often we are up in our attics. By the time this leak was noticed, mold had formed in the insulation and spread into the ceiling below. The mold was inspected and assessed, and the certified professionals at SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway were called in to remediate.
Rainstorm causes water damage to an Austin area home
Water was coming in from all directions during a terrible rainstorm in Austin. Windows were broken and water poured in. The certified professionals at SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway arrived right away to remove the water, the glass, the debris, to dry out the area, and to treat for mold prevention.
Storm Floods Lake and Causes Water Damage to a Vacation Home
A bad Austin area storm flooded the lake and caused water damage to an Austin area vacation home. Unfortunately, it went unnoticed for a few days. The professionals of West Austin and Lakeway were called and arrived right away to remove the water, dry out the home, and treat for mold prevention.
Hardwood Floors Can Be Saved if Acted Upon Quickly
If your home encounters water damage, time is a factor. The sooner the water is removed, the better off the property will be. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway brings in commercial grade water extractors as well as industrial grade dehumidifiers when hardwood floors are involved. Don't hesitate to call the certified professionals at SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway.
Water Coming in Through the Ceiling
A ranch house in Austin encountered water damage due to a leaky roof that cause water to come through the ceiling and into a dining room. Both the roof, ceiling, and wood flooring was affected. The professionals at SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway were called and arrived to assess the damage. Commercial grade water extractors were brought in right away to powerfully extract the water from the natural hardwood floors.
Changing the batteries in your smoke detectors
Changing the batteries in your smoke detectors and testing them to make sure they are functioning properly is one of the best ways to prevent disaster from occurring. A well-known rule of thumb is to change the batteries in your smoke detectors every time you change the clocks. Up to date and strategically placed fire extinguishers are also very important in preventing disaster.
Smoke Damage Can Touch Everything in Your Home
After a fire in a home it's very possible that contaminating smoke has touched every item and area in your home. In smoke, there are residual amounts of chemicals and other bi-products due to burning plastics and other chemical-based items in your home that may have burned in the fire. Those residual chemicals have been transferred by the smoke and is now left on your walls, furniture, floors, personal items, and other contents in your home. Even things like your light bulbs in your lamps must be decontaminated or disposed of properly.
Water extraction in a commercial office building
Unfortunately, this commercial office building in Austin suffered a water damage event. Water was extracted from the carpets and the hardwood flooring using industrial grade water extractors. Once the water is extracted from the flooring, commercial size dehumidifiers are installed to extract the excess water from the air as well, which is an important step to prevent mold from forming.
Removing moisture from the air to prevent secondary damage
In this commercial building in Austin, it was very important to install large, commercial grade dehumidifiers to remove the moisture from the air. Simply cleaning up the water is not enough if you want to prevent mold from forming. If not enough moisture is removed from the air, secondary damage can occur from the water damage event and mold can grow.
Mold In a Bedroom
Mold knows no borders. This mold was spreading across the hardwood walls of a bedroom. Once a protocol was put in place, SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway was called to remove the mold.
Dark mold on wood boards
Mold can grow quickly in dark, moist places like attics. When roof leaks go unnoticed, mold can form and spread throughout the attic, it's walls, and even the ceiling below.
Skylight Leak Causes Mold Damage
A slow leak is often the culprit for mold damage. A skylight leak caused mold damage to a ceiling in an Austin home in a bedroom. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway was called to remediate.
Water Leak Causes Mold in Ceiling
Water leaks from roofs, leaky toilets from above, or any other water source can cause mold damage quicker than you think. If not contained, mold can spread to other areas of the home.
When water damage occurs on wood floors, it's important to act quickly. To prevent the wood floors from buckling, commercial grade water extractors were brought in to pull the water out of the wood.
Dishwasher Leak Causes Water Damage
Be sure to check your water lines in your kitchen as they can cause water damage to your kitchen cabinets and floors. A dishwasher leak caused water damage to this kitchen floor and surrounding area.
Electrical Fire in Ceiling
An electrical fire in the ceiling of a home in Austin caused a lot of damage to the wiring, insulation, supports, and dry wall of the home. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway were called to restore the ceiling and surrounding areas.
Don't forget to Change your Smoke Alarm Batteries
Whenever the time changes, whether we "fall back" or we "spring forward" for daylight savings time, don't forget to change the batteries on your smoke and/or carbon monoxide detectors. It saves lives.
Home with Bio-Hazard in Austin
Bio-Hazard is one of the many things SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway will come to clean up for you and restore your home. Don't hesitate - call SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway today.
Hoarding instance in Austin
Items, garbage, and even bio-hazardous materials can accumulate in some homes. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway can help with this. Don't hesitate - call SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway today.
Water Damage comes through ceiling in family room
In a home in Austin, water damage caused the family room ceiling to cave in leaving damage everywhere. Don't hesitate - call us at SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway today.
Master Bath Leak leads to Kitchen Ceiling Cave in
In an Austin home, a master bathroom leak lead to a kitchen ceiling cave in. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway dried out the areas upstairs and downstairs. Don't hesitate - call SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway today.
Leaky Roof During a Storm Causes Water Damage
A storm in West Lake Hills caused a leaky roof and in turn, caused water damage to the upper level. Don't hesitate - call SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway today.
After Water Came in the Main Level from a Storm
Rain can enter your home even through the front door during a bad storm. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway was called to dry out this family room. Don't hesitate - call SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway today.
Water Damage from Storm Seeping Through Walls
A Storm caused rain water to seep into the walls and down into the floor. An instance like this must be dried out soon or you could risk secondary damage - mold.
Storm Damage Causes Ceiling Cave In
An upstairs hallway suffered a ceiling cave in during a roof collapse in a home in Lakeway. Should your home encounter storm damage, please give us a call at SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway.
Home Fire in Austin
A partial fire took the situation from bad to worse in a home in Austin. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway was called in to remove affected items/areas and restore.
A Dry Out Needed after Water Damage
A business in Austin suffered water damage to their building after a bad storm. SERVPRO of West Austin and Lakeway came in to make it "Like it never even happened."
Commercial building in West Lake Hills suffers water dmage
Thankfully, this business had a SERVPRO plan in place when they suffered water damage. Because they had discussed the SERVPRO Ready Plan with our Marketing Rep, we were able to complete the water damage restoration process even faster. Call today to discuss your own SERVPRO Ready Plan.
What Sets Us Apart
When you call SERVPRO West Austin/Lakeway at 512-335-7247 you will have people who are professionally dressed and ready to work. We show up on time and are ready to work.
The Right Stuff
At SERVPRO West Austin/Lakeway we have the proper equipment to get the job finished.
We clean air ducts, carpets, odors, rugs and much more.
If you have any needs or are just curious about pricing, please call us at 512-335-7247
This is Who We Are
Here at SERVPRO West Austin/Lakeway we are dedicated to making your storm calm. We have professionals who enter your home and you are immediately filled with a sense of security that your home or business is in good hands. While this may be the first flood or fire you encounter, it definitely know what needs to be done and what time frame it needs to be completed. Please call us at 512-335-7247
No Job Is Too Large For SERVPRO West Austin/Lakeway
Here at SERVPRO West Austin/Lakeway we are prepared to take care of your large loss issues. Whether that issue is fire, flood, mold, or basic cleaning, we have the equipment and staff. If you have an emergency please call us immediately at 512-335-7247
Franchise Owner (Robbie) at Fire Loss Job
It is all hands on deck when it comes to major losses. We are dedicated to getting you back up and running. Here is a picture of the Franchise Owner, Robbie, assessing the situation at a fire loss.